Acorn CNC control kits now shipping Acorn CNC control kits with both Mill and Lathe CNC Software.
Centroid "Acorn" Step and Direction CNC Controller kit: a
4 axis CNC control with built-in motion control cpu.
A reliable, high performance, industrial quality CNC control at a do-it-yourself price. Acorn utilizes an integrated 1Ghz ARM Cortex A8 Motion Control CPU and communicates with CNCPC via a fast and reliable Ethernet connection.
The Acorn CNC control board controls a wide variety of axis motors and drives
with industry standard step and direction command signal. Perfect for many types of machine tools such as: CNC milling machines, a wide variety of CNC routers, Plasma, Flame and CNC lathes to 3D printers and other specialty applications. Compatible with small to large axis motors of all types and can be used with most any AC brushless servo motor drive packages such as: DMM, Delta, Estun, Teco, Teknic, Yaskawa and others. Any drive that accepts step and direction commands. Most all stepper motor drives are compatible with the Acorn board such as the popular Gecko and Leadshine stepper drives. Acorn runs on Centroid proven industrial quality Mill or Lathe CNC control software.
Acorn CNC controller kit $325 Free Shipping in USA, International $30
includes Centroid "Free" CNC Mill and Lathe CNC software.
Centroid Acorn CNC controller kit (part # 14455) includes:
- Acorn CNC control board
- 24 VDC logic power supply (50/60 Hz 100-120 VAC OR 208-240 VAC input power)
- Logic power supply hookup leads
- 110 VAC power cord
- 15’ Shielded Ethernet cable
- Centroid CNC12 "Free" CNC Mill and Lathe software download
- Touch Screen Responsive Operator Controls
- DIY self service CNC support thru Centroid Community CNC Forum which is Centroid Technician monitored and maintained.
- Optional Factory Direct Technical Support: $90/hr.
(Note: for the best operator experience a LCD Touch Screen Display is strongly suggested.)
Centroid Mill CNC Software License Upgrades
Acorn Mill "Pro" $139 (#14457)
Upgrade to Centroid Acorn Mill "Pro" CNC12 from the Free version that is included with each Acorn kit.
- Unlimited G-code file size
- 4th axis motor pairing with any other axis
- 4th axis G-code moves
Full version of Intercon conversational programming
- 4th axis conversational programming
- Six WCS locations (G54 thru 59)
- Tool Library with 200 tools
- Auto Tool Measure on Tools 1-10
- Menu driven Center of Bore and Single Edge probing cycles
- BCD Tool Changer Output
- All features of the CNC12 Free are included
Add amazing Digitizing and Probing capabilities to your Mill or Router with the Acorn "Digitizing Bundle"
- 2D and 3D Digitizing, Grid, Radial, Contour.
Digitizing cycles is easy push button menu driven operation. (no macros needed!)
- Export Data to Cad/Cam
- Auto G code generation
- Unlimited Auto Tool Height Measurement
- Full set of menu driven Probing cycles (Bore, Single Edge, Web, Slot, Inside corner, outside corner)
- Eighteen WCS locations (G54 thru 59 plus 12 more)
- Menu driven Auto Coordinate System Rotation with Probe
- User editable/created Custom Digitizing and Probing Macros for special applications
- Works with Centroid DP-4 Touch Probe or any other Contact probe.
- All features of the CNC12 Free and Pro are included
After purchase the Digitzing Bundle License will be sent via E-mail delivery.
Each Acorn Software License is specific to a single Acorn board.
See Acorn FAQ page for more info.
Centroid "Pro" Lathe CNC software license
Acorn Lathe "Pro" $139 (#14571)
Upgrade to Centroid Acorn Lathe "Pro" CNC12 from the Free version that is included with each Acorn kit.
- Threading (requires spindle encoder)
- Rigid Tapping (requires spindle encoder)
- Feed per revolution (requires spindle encoder)
- Constant Surface Speed
BCD Tool Changer Output
- 99 Tools
- Full version of Centroid Lathe Intercon Conversational Programming software:. Auto profile cleanout, grooving, cutoff, chamfer, turning, end face turning, threading and more.
- Unlimited G code file size
- All features of the CNC12 Free are included
Acorn Hardware and Software Features included with all levels of Centroid Acorn CNC software: Centroid Free CNC, Centroid Pro CNC, Centroid Ultimate CNC
On board 1Ghz Motion Control CPU
Mill and Lathe CNC software with setup Wizard
Touch screen operators control panel (user configurable)
Plug and Play Xkeys operators pendant compatible
Reliable Ethernet communication with CNCPC
Runs on Windows 10
Compatible with CAD/CAM systems
Runs Standard G & M Codes
True G-code back plot graphics w cutter comp moves
2000 line accell decell look ahead
1200 blocks per second
Feed rate override operator variable 0-200% at 1% increments
Rapid rate override
Spindle Control. on/off cw/cw, speed w/override
12 bit analog output 0-10 VDC for VFD control
8 optically isolated inputs, user configurable
8 outputs, 2 relay, 6 open collector, user configurable
DB25 drive connection (gecko G540 standard pin out)
Header for flying lead drive connection
Single 24 vdc logic power input
Spindle Encoder RPM display
Simple Menu Driven Operator Interface
Stop and Restart Job at any point
Tool Check, Jog and Restart at any point
Conductive touch probe compatible
Kinematic touch probe compatible
Lube Pump control (user configurable to match pump type)
MDI mode with recent command memory
Programmable Auxiliary Function keys
Multiple Language Support
Stock PLC programs
User editable PLC programming
Part counter, Time, Time estimation
Simple Future Software updates available
G code editor
Backup and Restore CNC config
Message Display and Logs
Open Loop CNC operation
Unlimited Program Storage (only limited by hard drive size)
Large easy to read DRO display
Menu Driven Part setup
Menu Driven Tool setup
Menu driven machine configuration setup
Fill in the blank Setup Menus
CNC control configuration menu
Restart Job Automatically
Any axis can be linear or rotary axis
G-code smoothing (user adjustable)
Auto Home to switch, user selectable direction per axis
Jog to Home
Software Travel Limits (+ and - directions)
User configurable Slow, Fast, Max rates
User configurable axis motor acceleration
Spindle encoder input for CSS, Threading and Rigid Tapping
Gcode backplot checks work envelope
G code backplot shows true cutter comp moves
Vary part backplot speed and pause
w/ G-code line display
Real Time Part Graphics, shows tool position while running
Subprograms and Macros
Engraving compatible (short vector g code no problem)
Run in Inch or MM mode
Long part names
Drilling and Tapping Cycles
USB and Network Drive Compatible
Keyboard Operator Control panel emulator,
Xkeys USB control pad compatible
Tool Life Management
Control relays and contactors thru Manual or Program control
User configurable custom DIY M-codes
Profiling with auto cleanout (lathe)
Lathe canned cycles (profile, groove, chamfer, cutoff,turning diameter and end face)
X/Y axis Deskew
Mouse and Keyboard jogging in addition to VCP and Xkeys pendant. (4 ways to control the machine tool)
Runs on 100-120 VAC OR 200-240 VAC power input.
Runs on USA and International Power
Use your own PC OR purchase a Centroid CNCPC
Planning to build or use your own PC as a CNCPC? Be sure the PC meets the Centroid CNCPC minimum requirements found here. The Centroid CNC software runs on any Windows 10 PC that meets the requirements.
- If you plan to build your own CNCPC follow the recommendations here.
- If you plan to buy your own PC we recommend the Intel NUC (be sure to purchase a NUC that meets the Centroid minimum pc requirements) and any 16:9 aspect Touch Screen monitor
- Centroid also offers for purchase CNCPC's with preloaded and pre configured software
Centroid all-in-one Touch Screen CNCPC ready to go $799 (#12786)
- Preloaded with Windows 10 and pre-configured for CNC PC duty
- Preloaded Centroid CNC software with G code Editor,
Intercon, Stock PLC programs, Acorn Install Wizard, Touch Screen
Operator Control panel.
- 19.5" Touch Screen,4 GB ram, I3 processor
- Wifi, Ethernet, webcam with mic, card reader, usb ports
- Powercord, Keyboard, Mouse
- Centroid tested and pre qualified to work with Centroid CNC controllers
- Compatible with Acorn, Oak, and Allin1DC
Use your own PC OR purchase a Centroid NUC CNCPC $799 (#14366)
High Performance Centroid Intel NUC CNCPC.
- Allows use of any size and type LCD Touch screen.
- Higher Performance PC than the the above Allin1PC
- Intel SSD for the best performance
Preloaded with Windows 10 and pre-configured for CNC PC duty
- Preloaded Centroid CNC software Mill and Lathe
- G code Editor
- Intercon Conversational
- Stock PLC programs
- Touch Screen Operator Control panel.
- Intel I3 processor, 4GB ram, SSD (solid state drive)
Display port, HDMI, Ethernet, USB - Centroid tested and pre qualified to work with Centroid CNC controllers
Estop Button with 2 contact closures $45 #14534
- Industrial quality reliable Emergency Stop Button with two switches.
- Two contact closures for two estop circuits
- Use just one contact closure or use both
- For use with the Acorn CNC control board.
Includes Servo Motor, Servo Motor Drive and 5 meter motor to drive cable.
400 watt package Estun model Pronet-04AMF & EMJ-04AFB22-TP
750 watt package Estun Pronet-08AMF & EMJ-08AFB22-TP
1KW package Estun Pronet-10AMF & EMG-10AFB22
2KW package Estun Proent-20AMF & EMG-20AFB22